The TMF is a dedicated patient research facility located close to the main entrance of Glenfield Hospital comprising X clinic rooms and laboratory facilities, including a centrifuge. It includes:
- TMF Reception: Appointment confirmations occur at the dedicated TMF reception. A waiting area is provided for patients prior to their appointment.
- Consultation Rooms: Here, staff carry out questionnaires with patients relating to their condition and any relevant physical examinations
- Echocardiography (ECG) Suite: In our purpose-built, air-conditioned ECG suite, our physiologists take scans of the heart or blood vessels using the latest ultrasound scanning technology.
- Exercise Suite: In our air-conditioned Exercise Suite, our research staff are able to monitor patients undergoing cardio-pulmonary (CPEX) exercise testing, including a treadmill, exercise bike and recumbent exercise bike.
- Research Day Case Facility: A purpose-built day-case suite is located near the entrance of Ward 32. This area is dedicated to patient comfort and convenience and enables our research staff to perform much more complex or lengthy investigations away from the distractions of a busy research outpatient clinic. The additional space within the day care facility allows the researchers to bring larger or bulky equipment to the bed space with ease.