Our respiratory laboratory has state of the art facilities, including:
- Minus eighty and minus twenty degrees Celsius storage
- Air conditioned and temperature-monitored Archive, covered by a HTA licence
- Microscope slide storage
- Paraffin wax block cassette storage
- 2D barcode tube storage of fluid phase samples
- 2D label printing
- OpenSpecimen tissue tracking system
We are also equipped with three microscopes, one inverted microscope, four centrifuges, three class 2 cabinets, 37˚C incubators and a Shandon Cytospin 4.
Our staff are skilled in the following techniques:
- Induced sputum cytology, staining and differential analysis
- Blood processing for serum and plasma
- Bronchoalveolar lavage and bronchial wash cytology
- Sample processing for clinical trials
- Storage and shipment of samples
The respiratory laboratory is managed by Will Montero, who is supported by two research technicians and two research students.